Thursday, April 16, 2009

How to Create a Paper Bag Floor

I remember the first time I saw this article. When the author submitted it to me I couldn't wait to get it posted on FC. What a cool idea, creating new flooring with paper bags! Home decorating is expensive, even when you do it yourself the materials can cost a fortune. Ask me! I just went through it a year ago!

However, this gorgeous floor is not only frugal, it looks great, you are recycling brown paper bags, and will feel a major sense of accomplishment when finished.

To get started, the tools you will need are:

  • Paper bags or a roll of brown Kraft paper from the postal supply aisle (enough to cover your entire floor, with some overlapping)
  • Gallon of water based polyurethane (I recommend Minwax Polycrylic, or Minwax Fast Drying Polyurethane)
  • Scissors
  • Old work clothes

Visit FamilyCorner.com for the instructions on How to Create a Paper Bag Floor

No comments:

Post a Comment